Who may like Layla mattress
- If you are a side sleeper, most side sleepers tend to sleep on soft(or medium) feeling mattress. Layla is a 2 in 1 mattress(2 firmness scales), the soft side brings soft to medium feelings, you won’t wake up with dead arms or severe neck/back pain next morning. But Purple is very firm, firmer than most medium feeling mattress on the market. I bet you won’t like it if you are side sleeper.
- If you want to save money, with our powerful coupon code GBM100, you can get $100 OFF on official site. You can get queen size Layla within $800. But if you choose Purple, you have to pay nearly $1,000.
- If you want long warranty and free trial. You can enjoy lifetime warranty if you pick up Layla. But for Purple, only 10 years warranty. And if you are not satisfy with your Layla mattress, you can return within 120 nights for free, but if you choose Purple, only 100 nights.
- If you like memory foam mattress. Layla is the first copper memory foam mattress in the world, memory foam can provide you ultimate contouring, comfort and pain relief, but it feels hotter than traditional innerspring mattress(especially for big guy). Layla fixed this by adding copper into memory foam and use thermogel technology on mattress cover to delivery ultimate cooling solution. Purple didn’t use memory foam, if we just talk about comfort, I believe Layla did a better job on Purple.
- If you want low motion transfer. You can hardly feel any movement from your partner with Layla, especially when are using the soft side. On this item, Purple performs just so so.
Who may like Purple mattress
- If you want to try something new. Most mattress manufactures choose memory foam or latex as key material. But Purple is different, they use hyper elastic polymer(grid shape) as top layer. Per official site, this layer can bring you temperature neutral, hypoallergenic, responsive, and comfortable.
- If you want a heavy mattress, as we mentioned before, Purple use neither memory foam nor latex. Their key material is hyper elastic polymer and high density polyurethane foam, and their queen size is about 8-10 lbs more than Layla.
- If you want more bouncy. Without doubt, you can get more push back from Purple than Layla.
As we claimed in the homepage, Personally we don’t recommend Purple(Also Casper and Saatva). We don’t mean Purple is bad, some mattress review site also gave it high(at least above average) score, but I think you don’t have to pay $999 for a 9.5″ (thinner than industry standard) polyurethane foam mattress, you surely have better choice.
For the back sleepers, I think both of them are good to go. But for side sleepers, don’t buy Purple. You’ll surely return it within trial period.