Overview: Live & Sleep® is one of the newest additions in the mattress industry, however the start-up company that manufactures this direct-to-consumer mattress is quickly gaining popularity and positive reviews with its well-designed, quality product.
So, what is the Live & Sleep® mattress made of?
Here we take a closer look into the Live & Sleep® Luxury Mattress, which is the third model of the brand, and the one which promises to deliver the highest quality with its 12 inches thickness and premium build.
Top Cover. A luxurious soft breathable cover with a soothing soft touch, stretch ability and body contour. This a very cool and breathable cover.
1st Layer. This consists of 2.5” Premium Memory Foam layer for a relaxing hug and pressure point relief. This layer gives the initial firm feel but soften very soon.
2nd Layer. This 1” Gel Infused Cool Memory Foam is built for added pressure relief and cooling. The foam
Foundation. The bottom layer consists of 8.5’’ HD (High Density) Performance Core Support Base. This layer is what holds and support the mattress overall as well as complements the overall support to the body.
The cover is made of a soft cotton like fabric whereas the grey side panel is constructed from polyester and polypropylene. The white piece of fabric on top has a good softness and stretch, while it is fairly thin which means it is cool and breathable.
back to menu ↑
The creators of the Luxury Live and Sleep® mattress suggest it has a medium balanced feel. We found it ranks at a 6-6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale (where 10 is the most firm). The mattress does offer a balanced memory foam feel, with sufficient hug and contour. You do sense a push-back feel when you first lay on the mattress, yet soon the foams begin to contour to your body and become softer.
Overall, I would say that there a special combination of slightly firm support with great body contour and shaping. In this sense, all sleepers will find the Live and Sleep® mattress comfortable to sleep on.
To the best of our knowledge, our experience from testing the Luxury Live & Sleep® suggests it offers amazing support for back sleepers. This should not come as a surprise really since we were sleeping on top of 8.5 inches of high density support foam. The overall sense was that you feel revitalised and rested the next morning having slept in this mattress.
As far as response, the Live & Sleep has a moderate one, which is typical of a full foam mattress. Although great for sleeping, perhaps this detail could create some tiresome issues, as you will sink in one direction every time you move. If you are a heavier sleeper, it could be that this will create a deeper body contour which can increase the response time and enveloped feeling you will get.
Value for money
The Luxury Live & Sleep® mattress comes at a very affordable price although you could try even cheaper with its other models. Still we would recommend getting the Luxury model in comparison to the others for its 2 inches additional thickness among other.
Here’s an overview of the pricing depending on size:
Doesn’t Sleep Hot
Our testing did not suggest any issues with heat retention. The Luxury Live & Sleep® mattress never overheated despite us trying to turn the heat up and down.
The 1 inch Cooling Gel integrated helps prevent heat from reaching the sleeper.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
Based on our sinking tests, the Luxury Live & Sleep® produced little sinkage. As far as motion transfer, the mattress handles motion isolation quite well. The combination of memory foam and Gel-infused memory foam, dissipate much of the energy without the typical “quick sand” feeling you get with other memory foams.
A nice surprise, the Live & Sleep® mattress has zero smell when unpacked, which is really great considering that many bed-in-a-box mattresses have a chemical smell which usually lasts for at least a couple of hours after unboxing.
The Live & Sleep® mattress does not have any particular odor, and you will be happy to hear it is CertiPUR-US certified. In this sense, there is no off-gassing or toxic smells you should be afraid of.
The Live & Sleep® mattress is manufactured in the USA with eco-friendly high quality materials according to industry standards. According to our data, it scores much higher than average in owner satisfaction and is becoming increasingly more popular.
The Live & Sleep® Luxury mattress is delivered free of charge within the contiguous United States within 2 days, however you will have to pay extra for shipments to Alaska, Hawaii and Canada.
The mattress comes in a redesigned bed-in-a-box option and it is easy to lift and move as the mattress weighs between 50 to 93.5 lbs, which means you will not have much difficulty lifting and manoeuvre.
You can place the Live & Sleep® mattress in any solid surface or as per the figure below, on the floor.
|SIZE||DIMENSIONS||SHIPPING WEIGHT||SHIPPING BOX DIMENSIONS|
|Twin||39″ x 75″||50 lbs||14.5″ x 15″ x 41″|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||51 lbs||14.5″ x 15″ x 41″|
|Full||54″ x 75″||67.5 lbs||15.5″ x 16″ x 40″|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||77 lbs||17″ x 17″ x 43″|
|Short / RV Queen||60″ x 75″||76 lbs||16.5″ x 16.5″ x 40″|
|King||76″ x 80″||98 lbs||18″ x 18″ x 42.5″|
|Cal-King||72″ x 84″||93.5 lbs||20″ x 18″ x 44.5″|
*Weights and Shipping Box Dimensions are approximate.
Live & Sleep® offers an amazing 20 years warranty, similar to Layla, one of the best in the industry. This comes to show how much confidence the company has in their product.
The company backs up their product as they feel it is the one and only mattress you need and will get, however in the unlikely case that you don’t like what you get, the Luxury option offers 100 days sleep trial**. This means that if you are unsatisfied with your new mattress, you can claim a full refund within 100 days from the day of delivery.
Based on our research, Live & Sleep®’s 20 years Warranty receives a very high, above average rating and it is mostly considered by consumers as excellent.
** Please note that the Classic Live & Sleep® offers only 30 days trial and the Elite one only 75 days trial. In addition, the Classic offers standard shipping instead of the 2 day shipping offered for the other two models.
The Live & Sleep® is CertiPUR-US certified. This means it is completely free of depletes, chemicals, heavy metals and any other harmful materials. The mattress is therefore safe even if some smell is present upon unbox. In addition, it means that the manufacturing process produces only Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality.
A unique feature of the Live & Sleep® is how easy it is to remove its cover. There is a green trim along the edge between the top and side panel pieces of the mattress. This apart from the nice design, is actually a heavy grade zipper which you can completely unzip and remove the fabric instantly. The cover is easily washed (delicate settings) and so you can frequently clean it to take care of your mattress much easier.
Live & Sleep® supports the cause of the National Alliance to End Homelessness, by giving back part of every purchase. You can rest assure that you contribute therefore to a great cause, supported by a genuinely noble company.back to menu ↑
Live & Sleep ® mattress is great if you:
- You want a medium firm feel– Although the Live and Sleep® Luxury mattress is a bit firmer than average, still it has a good contour and a slight degree of push-back.
- You want deeper contour, with slight firmness– This mattress can nurture for your body shape. It contours and hug your body, while still maintains a level of push-back and support.
- You want adequate responsiveness– Perhaps not the instant response you would want, yet it is not really slow either. The mattress provides substantial contour and responsiveness just in time to keep you from feeling stuck!
- You want a removable cover– Not many companies offer easy to remove covers. Live & Sleep® does a really good job at this and despite not being the primary reason why you should choose this mattress, it is definitely an extra advantage.
- You like the memory foam feel but don’t want to sleep hot or get stuck in the mattress –Live & Sleep handles the heat retention and “feeling stuck” issues really well. If you are looking for the best memory foam mattresses, check here.
- You want a value for money product – Live & Sleep® offers great prices, quite affordable even in their Luxury model which we tested here. This is possible as they sell exclusively online and make sure they don’t spent too much money on marketing, to allow some savings for the client.
- You sleep with a partner – If you are a couple looking for a new mattress, Live & Sleep® should make it to your top list as it has limited motion transfer, which means you will sleep undisturbed even if your partner tosses and turns during the night.
Live & Sleep® mattress is not ideal if you:
- Prefer a traditional spring mattress feel – This mattress will not change your mind since if you are not a fan of a memory foam feel, then you will likely to continue being so.
- Can’t stand non-responsiveness – You are not going to enjoy the Live & Sleep® if you particularly fancy the non-instant response foam.
- Want an especially soft or firm feeling mattress – We are definitely not talking about a mattress that is either too soft or too firm. In this sense, if you looking for either of the previous, then Live & Sleep® is not the right choice for you.
Overall, we had a really good sleeping experience with the Live & Sleep® mattress. It has considerable good qualities which matter. Perhaps not the best mattress of its category, yet we would recommend it if you are on a budget and want deep compression and support, alongside a nice design from a medium firm mattress.
- No Off-Gassing
- Affordable price
- Minimal Motion Transfer
- Great for back sleepers as it offers good support
- Potentially too firm of a mattress for side sleepers
- Lower responsiveness
- This is a thicker mattress which means it is rather heavy in comparison to others